Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Don't quote variable values used by SET. It's usually - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Don't quote variable values used by SET. It's usually
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On 4 Feb 2018, at 18:07, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Hi Dave,

There is a possibility of SQL Injection (if we don't use qtLiteral.
We need some kind of check for this.

What do you say?

The user is already logged in, and could run the query tool anyway to do anything their privileges allow.

Do you see an escalation vector that I’m missing?

I re-added the hackers list for any other opinions.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi