Re: PostgreSQL on Webmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kostadin Solakov
Subject Re: PostgreSQL on Webmin
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks John, I tried that and it works but with some changes I made.
After the changes you suggested I was still getting the same message:
Warning: pg_pconnect() [function.pg-pconnect]: Unable to connect to
PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Permission denied Is the
server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port
5432?

Anyway I managed to connect to localhost, but after I made changes to
pg_connect and I removed the host name
FROM

   1. pg_pconnect("host=localhost dbname=mydb user=myuser
password=mypassword");

   1. pg_pconnect("dbname=mydb user=myuser password=mypassword");

Now it works, but VERY SLOWER than before.
One of the scripts I'm running on the previous host took below 2 sec for
1000 entries and now it takes 1 sec for 100 entries.

working pg_hba.conf looks like this:

   1. # IPv4 local connections:
   2.  local   all         all                               trust
   3.  local   all         my_user                          ident sameuser
   4.  local my_db my_user password
   5.  host my_db my_user 0.0.0.0/0 password
   6. # IPv6 local connections:
   7.  host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          ident sameuser
   8.  host    all         all         ::1/128               ident sameuser