Re: Keyword list sanity check - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Keyword list sanity check
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Thursday 30 April 2009 10:27:45 David Fetter wrote:
>
>> I'd also like to propose that "strict clean" be a minimum code quality
>> metric for any Perl code in our code base.  A lot of what's in there
>> is just about impossible to maintain.
>>

> use strict and use warnings, I think, although with use warnings I have
> occasionally run into the trouble of some old versions not supporting it (only
> via perl -w).

Right. I think strict mode is probably sufficient for utility code like
this.

Also note that we maintain the usual postgres indentation standards in
the perl MSVC stuff, by using perltidy thus:
   perltidy -b -bl -nsfs -naws -l=100 -ole=unix  *.pl *.pm

cheers

andrew