Re: COPY 'invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xff' - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: COPY 'invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xff'
Date
List pgsql-general
> hmm, I was shelling out and using psql and piping the data to another
> file.  Not using the dbi stuff with perl.
>
> Guess i can use a regular expression and review the link you sent me
> and escape them my self.

Don't *ahem* quote me on this as I haven't been using Perl for a while
but it should be something similar to:
$quoted_data = $dbh->quote($data, PG_BYTEA)

If not, I'm sure the documentation for the "quote" function will set
things straight.

Cheers,
Steve