Re: pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Held
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers

The first bit of advice I can offer is to ask on the right list.  A
perusal of:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

should indicate that the pgsql-admin list would be a good list to
ask.  If you're not sure what list would be best, it seems that
psql-general would be a better default choice than -hackers.
Second, the error message is quite informative.  It says that the
client doesn't think you have a server listening on the default port.
Check your process list to make sure that you do.  Check to make
sure that you can connect to that host (try connecting to a different
service on the same server).  Check to make sure you are not getting
blocked by a firewall.

__
David B. Held
Software Engineer/Array Services Group