Re: How to improve db performance with $7K? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Held
Subject Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Date
List pgsql-performance

Hmm...so you're saying that at some point, quantity beats quality?
That's an interesting point.  However, it presumes that you can
actually distribute your data over a larger number of drives.  If
you have a db with a bottleneck of one or two very large tables,
the extra spindles won't help unless you break up the tables and
glue them together with query magic.  But it's still a point to
consider.

__
David B. Held
Software Engineer/Array Services Group