Re: determining the locks that will be held by a query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: determining the locks that will be held by a query
Date
List pgsql-performance
Brian Cox <brian.cox@ca.com> wrote:
> I know that EXPLAIN will show the query plan. I know that pg_locks
> will show the locks currently held for activity transactions. Is
> there a way to determine what locks a query will hold when it is
> executed?

Only to read the docs regarding locking, and to desk-check your query,
at least as far as I know.

Keep in mind that some statements will only obtain locks if they find
rows that are affected, which might vary from one run to the next.

-Kevin