Re: complicated query (newbie..) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: complicated query (newbie..)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/04/2009 18:03, Marcin Krol wrote:
> - If I quote date values like '2009-04-09' it doesn't work again! I.e.
> result set includes one host id that should have been excluded (bc it
> has reservation whose date doesn't match the condition)
>
> - I have replaced OVERLAPS with explicit date condition bc PG complained:
>
> ERROR:  function pg_catalog.overlaps(date, date, integer, integer) does
> not exist
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
> need to add explicit type casts.

I'd imagine this is the same problem as in your other post - if you
don't quote the dates, PG thinks each is an integer expression. The
error says it's looking for an OVERLAPS function that takes two dates
and two integers, which of course doesn't exist.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie