Re: Table has 22 million records, but backup doesn't see them - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Table has 22 million records, but backup doesn't see them
Date
List pgsql-general
Radcon Entec wrote:

> Here is the text that results from dumping my 22-million-row feedback
> table:

> CREATE RULE feedback_partition_active AS ON INSERT TO feedback WHERE
> (new.charge > 7000) DO INSTEAD INSERT INTO feedback_active (charge,
> elapsed_time, tag_type, stack, tag_value, heating, status) VALUES
> (new.charge, new.elapsed_time, new.tag_type, new.stack, new.tag_value,
> new.heating, new.status);

> CREATE RULE feedback_partition_archived AS ON INSERT TO feedback WHERE
> (new.charge <= 7000) DO INSTEAD INSERT INTO feedback_archived_7000
> (charge, elapsed_time, tag_type, stack, tag_value, heating, status)
> VALUES (new.charge, new.elapsed_time, new.tag_type, new.stack,
> new.tag_value, new.heating, new.status);

Are you certain that feedback actually contains any data or is it just
the parent table and the real data is in the child tables? What is the
output of "select count(*) from only feedback;" ?

Cheers,
Steve