Re: Installing PLPython - Version Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Installing PLPython - Version Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
ray wrote:

> I am sorry for not providing a clear description of my problem.  I
> want to us Python 2.6 but the PLPython seems to me looking for 2.5
> which is not on my machine.  Is there a way to have PostgreSQL work
> with Python 2.6?

Recompile PostgreSQL, or at least the PL/Python extension, to use Python
2.6.

You don't want to do this on Windows. It's really no fun. Just download
and install Python 2.5. It installs and runs just fine in parallel with
Python 2.6, and it'll get everything working nice and quickly.

When PostgreSQL 8.4 is released, the Windows builds will probably be
against Python 2.6.

--
Craig Ringer