Re: text column constraint, newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Cook
Subject Re: text column constraint, newbie question
Date
List pgsql-general
Daniel Verite wrote:
> Note that htmlentities() expects LATIN1-encoded strings and is thus
> unusable on UTF-8 contents.
> So if you end up talking UTF-8 with the database, you'll probably need
> to use htmlspecialchars() instead, and UTF-8 as your HTML charset.

I believe you are wrong, at least the PHP documentation says otherwise
and it _seems_ to work for me (http://us2.php.net/htmlentities). Maybe
you are thinking about an older version?

Also the iconv() function can help you convert between (some) different
character encodings (http://us2.php.net/htmlentities).

-- Stephen