Re: cs_CZ vs regression tests, part N - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: cs_CZ vs regression tests, part N
Date
Re: cs_CZ vs regression tests, part N  (Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> It's still broken:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gothic_moth&dt=2009-03-17%2021:06:01
>
> I remain of the opinion that supporting the regression tests in a locale
> that works like this is more trouble than it's worth.

We looked into this and it turns out that this is actually a C locale
vs. all-other-locales issue; not specific to Czech.  More specifically,
it is related to the sorting of upper-case vs. lower-case letters.  A
_1.out file is an appropriate answer here.

(Hmm, no one except Zdenek testing locales yet on the build farm?  Can't
easily tell from the index page.)