Re: Solaris getopt_long and PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: Solaris getopt_long and PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dne 17.03.09 17:13, Zdenek Kotala napsal(a):

>> I don’t know if I should revert that change, or port netBSD
>> getopt_long and replace the PostgreSQL one with that.
>
> getopt_long is OK. Problem is getopt. getopt in core is currently taken
> from *BSD but it could be updated.
>
> One possible solution should be to use internal getopt only for postgres
> binary and for other to use solaris libc version.

I'm now looking into the code and most binaries uses getopt_long which
works fine. I think getopt_long can be used from Solaris libc. Only
postgres and pg_resetxlog uses getopt. I think nobody has problem with
postgres, because it is called from pg_ctl or other start/stop script
and pg_resetxlog should be modified to use getopt_long.
Comments?
    Zdenek