Re: COPY command question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivano Luberti
Subject Re: COPY command question
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks but it keeps on not finding the file: the warning has disappeared

ERROR:  could not open file "c:\temp\anagraficaANIDIs.csv" for reading:
No such file or directory

********** Errore **********

ERROR: could not open file "c:\temp\anagraficaANIDIs.csv" for reading:
No such file or directory
Stato SQL: 58P01

I have also tried uppercasing C without success.
I'm sure about the path because I have copied and pasted from the
properties window.

Raymond O'Donnell ha scritto:
> On 17/03/2009 14:45, Ivano Luberti wrote:
>
>> Hi all, executing the following command inside pgAdmin on my Windows
>> Vista (please avoid comment, I pray you) :
>>
>> copy anagrafica_import from 'c:\\temp\\anagraficaANIDIs.csv' WITH CSV
>>

> Try putting an 'E' in front of the path, like this:
>
>   ....from E'c:\\temp\\anagraficaANIDIs.csv' with csv;
>
> Also, remember that the file needs to be on the same machine as the
> server; if you're running pgAdmin on a different machine, this won't work.
>
> HTH,
>
> Ray.

> Raymond O'Donnell, Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Ireland
> rod@iol.ie
> Galway Cathedral Recitals: http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa