Re: Log SQL code before executing it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris
Subject Re: Log SQL code before executing it
Date
List pgsql-general
Alexander Farber wrote:
> Dear PgSQL users,
>
> is there please a way to display the executed SQL code?
>
> I'm using phpBB 3.0.4 / PostgreSQL 8.2.6 / PHP 5.2.5 / OpenBSD 4.3
> to develop a card game in Flash / C / Perl (at http://preferans.de )
> and would like to log each game round by simply posting and replying
> in one of the phpBB forums. The phpBB's code however is very hairy
> and I have troubles to follow it and to reconstruct the SQL statements
> needed for posting and replying.

If they have one, use their API to do it. If they change things between
versions (even minor versions), you'll have to start from scratch to
find why your stuff doesn't work any more.

> PS: Or maybe it's possible to overload $db->sql_query($sql) in PHP?

see if it's defined in their code.

grep -nri 'function sql_query' /path/to/folder

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/