Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Thursday 05 March 2009 18:04:42 Joshua Tolley wrote:
>> As an aside, is access() adequately portable, ok to use within the
>> backend, etc.? I just sort of took a shot in the dark.
>
> Using access() is usually not a good idea.  In this case it would be better to
> check the return of the actual open() call for EPERM (or the equivalent for
> fopen(), whatever is used).

That's what we do in the proper fix in HEAD. It requires an API change
to backport it...

Given that I think this is the first time we've heard of this issue, I'mthinking we should probably just not bother to
backpatchit.

//Magnus