Re: Prepping to break every past release... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Prepping to break every past release...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think this sounds a lot like another request for a set of system views
>> with nicer names.
>
> What's the state of the newsysviews project, anyway?  I don't recall
> hearing much about it lately.

Final verdict was that we need to make it integrate better with
information_schema.  At that point, our crew kinda ran out of energy and
it's been on hold ever since.   But we've been talking about reviving it
again.

However, given the previous experience, I think we'd like some
reassurance that if NewSysviews was made conistent with
information_schema (and had good code, of course) that Hackers would be
interested in taking it.  What nobody has any enthusiasm for is spending
a few dozen hours refactoring it, and then having to justify why we want
it *again*.

--Josh