Re: mapping date value (SQL question) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mancz, James
Subject Re: mapping date value (SQL question)
Date
List pgsql-general
If you want the leading zero, modify it to be like this;

SELECT date_part('y', datefield) || '0' || date_part('qtr', datefield)
FROM tablename;

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnson, Shaunn [mailto:SJohnson6@bcbsm.com]
Sent: 21 February 2002 14:32
To: 'Mancz, James'; 'pgsql-general@postgresql.org'
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] mapping date value (SQL question)

--that's close.  but i need the '0' in the field between the
year and the quarter.

--all of this because a company want's fixed length columns.

--i was reading about something like this:

[example]

select to_char(to_date('05/21/1998'),'Q') from dual

[/example]

--trying to modify it somehow ...

--thanks!

-X