Re: Service not starting: Error 1053 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Service not starting: Error 1053
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Frank Featherlight wrote:
> 1) Uninstalled the following programs+program files folder:
>
> File Shredder
> Holdem Manager (this is the program I need postgresql for)
> mIRC
> Proxifier

This one sounds like a potential culprit.

> GetDataBack for FAT and NTFS

This could be, but probably shouldn't.

> Registry Mechanic
> TuneUp Utilities
> SimpLite
> Daemon Tools
> Kaspersky (was not installed during the time of the errors so can't be
> to blame)
> PostgresQL

Could be one of those, but the ones above sounds more likely.

Now, the fact that this is Windows makes it actually possible that
things will work even if you reinstall *all* of them :-) But it would be
interesting to know if there is a specific one that breaks it.

//Magnus