Re: BUG #4672: undefined symbol: check_encoding_conversion_args - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #4672: undefined symbol: check_encoding_conversion_args
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Boris wrote:

> Bug reference:      4672
> Logged by:          Boris
> Email address:      pioline@lpthe.jussieu.fr
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.6
> Operating system:   Linux
> Details:
>
> I recently upgraded to 8.3.6, as a result of which encoding conversion does
> not seem to work anymore:
>
> $ export PGCLIENTENCODING=ISO-8859-1
> $ psql
> psql: FATAL:  could not load library "/usr/lib/pgsql/utf8_and_iso8859_1.so":
> /usr/lib/pgsql/utf8_and_iso8859_1.so: undefined symbol:
> check_encoding_conversion_args
>
> My database is in UTF8, if I run the same with
> export PGCLIENTENCODING=UTF8
> everything works fine.

check_encoding_conversion_args is a new internal function in 8.3.6. I
suspect that there's a mismatch in the version of PostgreSQL and the
associated encoding conversion libraries. Since you upgraded to 8.3.6,
have you restarted PostgreSQL? What does "SELECT version()" say?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas