Improve output of BitmapAnd EXPLAIN ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Improve output of BitmapAnd EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
A customer just pinged me wondering how it was that a BitmapAnd node was
reporting 0 tuples when the Bitmap Heap Scan above it showed it had in
fact generated tuples.

While this is mentioned in the docs, I think it would be very helpful to
have ANALYZE spit out "N/A" instead of 0 for these nodes. AFAICT that
would just require adding a special case to the "if (es->costs)" block
at line ~1204 in explain.c?

BTW, it looks like it would actually be possible to return a real
row-count if none of the TIDBitmap pages are chunks, but I'm not sure if
it's worth the extra effort.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461