Re: WIP: hooking parser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: WIP: hooking parser
Date
Re: WIP: hooking parser
List pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2009/2/16 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Next sample of parser hook using:
>>> attachment contains module that transform every empty string to null.
>>> I am not sure, if this behave is exactly compatible with Oracle,
>> Surely a parser hook like this would have nothing whatsoever to do
>> with Oracle's behavior.
>>
>>                        regards, tom lane
>>

> it's maybe too much simple :). It is sample that have to show possibility.

I'd be quite interested to support some kind of hook to deal with this
Oracle null issue.  It would be a great help for porting projects.

However, doing this properly is probably more complex and needs further
thought.  I'd suggest writing a type of regression test first for Oracle
null behavior and then evaluating any kind of hook or hack against that.