Re: Audio & Video? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Audio & Video?
Date
Re: Audio & Video?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-www
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:

>>> If they're that large, what makes you think anyone will want to download
>>> them?
>>
>> Podcasts are a whole *industry* now.  If you hadn't noticed.
>
> so what exactly do you need?

Well, for the immediate term just someplace I can upload large
audio/video files where users can download them.  For example, for the
SFPUG talk I just uploaded to the wiki, I have about 100MB of audio.
Next month, I'm expecting to have video of the SFPUG meeting.

Ultimately, I'd really like to have a podcast portion of the
postgresql.org which organizes this and presents it in a way that people
can easily find new stuff.  But we could wait for us to consistently
generate content, first.

--Josh