Re: Audio & Video? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Audio & Video?
Date
Re: Audio & Video?  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Well, for the immediate term just someplace I can upload large
> audio/video files where users can download them.  For example, for the
> SFPUG talk I just uploaded to the wiki, I have about 100MB of audio.

We chew 100MB+ on the ftp server (multiplied by some large number of
mirrors) every time we make a new set of source releases; not to mention
the binaries that soon follow.  100MB isn't "large" by current
standards.

It's probably fair to discuss what is a reasonable space budget for
audio/video stuff, and maybe to try to prevent it from being mirrored
if the sysadmins think that would be a good idea.  But this doesn't
strike me as being too large for the servers we've got.
        regards, tom lane