Re: Cleaning up large objects - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cleaning up large objects
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
"Ole Streicher" <ole-usenet-spam@gmx.net> writes:
> What is a reasonable value for these settings in my case?

I'd try bumping up max_fsm_pages to a million or so.  That would
definitely be enough for a 10Gb database.  You could probably get
away with less but I'm not sure it's worth worrying about.

If you are running 7.4 then a "vacuum verbose" will give you some
data (at the very end of its lengthy printout) about FSM consumption,
which you could use if you want to size more carefully.

> Is it possible to run the vacuum with a lower priority (while all other
> postgres queries keeping the normal priority)?

No.  In 8.0 there will be some tuning parameters that will help with
that, but not in current releases...

            regards, tom lane