Re: backend crash on CREATE OR REPLACE of a C-function on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Chernow
Subject Re: backend crash on CREATE OR REPLACE of a C-function on Linux
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> While hacking on some C-level functions I noticed that everytime I
> replaced the .so file and used CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION the backend
> immediatly crashed.
>
> To test that it was not caused by something my function does (or one of
> the libaries it links in) I created the following testcase based on the
> example in the docs:

I think I've seen this before and reported it.  Try removing your so file and
then copying it, rather than overwriting it.  I think dlopen has something
funnky going on with inodes; may need to generate a new one.  If it is what I
think it is, the problem is with libc not postgres.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC