Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Joshua, Kohei-san,
>>
>> So, for 8.4:  *if* we included in 8.4 a version of SEPostgres with all
>> features *except* row-level security, would it still be useful to the
>> SELinux community?
>>
>> I think we're just not going to work out the headache-inducing issues
>> around row-level security in time for 8.4, and it seems to me that
>> integrated system-level security labels at the table-and-column level
>> are still very useful, even without row-level security.
>
> Hasn't a plan for this already been posted? See
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-01/msg02407.php

FYI:

* previous full-functional SE-PostgreSQL/Row-ACLs

[kaigai@fedora10 security]$ wc -l *.c */*.c   729 pgaceCommon.c  1547 pgaceHooks.c   721 rowacl/rowacl.c  1200
sepgsql/avc.c  623 sepgsql/core.c  1019 sepgsql/hooks.c   785 sepgsql/permissions.c  1097 sepgsql/proxy.c  7721 total

* A lite SE-PostgreSQL without row-level security,  large object support, writable system column

[kaigai@fedora10 sepgsql]$ wc -l *.c   904 checker.c  1181 avc.c   360 core.c    55 dummy.c   683 hooks.c   478 label.c
 553 perms.c  4214 total

Today, I'll debug the modified code...
--