Re: I need some magical advice - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From M.P.Dankoor
Subject Re: I need some magical advice
Date
List pgsql-sql
Andreas you could either use the system columns oid or ctid.
The ctid will always be available, but the oid will only be available
if you created the table with "with oids" syntax( >  version 8.0).

UPDATE status_table
SET status_id = -1
WHERE ctid = (SELECT MIN(RMV.ctid)             FROM status_table RMV             WHERE 1 = 1             AND RMV.ctid
<>ctid             AND RMV.c_date    = c_date             AND RMV.status_id = status_id             AND RMV.name      =
name           )

Mario