Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua Brindle
Subject Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Then you can write something which goes through and sets all the rows
> to false and then visits every row of every table in the database and
> forces OID lookups on the security ID of each.  When you get done, any
> rows that still say false are unreferenced and can be killed.
>
> Also... even if there are thousands of contexts, it only matters to
> the extent that there is a lot of churn, and I'm not sure whether
> that's something that is expected.  Josh Brindle, any thoughts?

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of churn. Maybe when a project is archived you'd
grab everything with a particular security context, save it off and remove it
from the table. Constant relabels or removals based on context don't seem too
likely though.