Re: 8.4 release planning (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Lastly, the last time a developer told me two weeks it was 3 months.
> Unless we get a written development plan that describes specifically
> what, when, why and how long I am severely suspect that Heikki or Simon
> have a clue on an actual deliverable time line (no offense guys).
> Developers are generally overly optimistic about their delivery time
> lines.

I'm totally aware of that. My two weeks estimate really was with the
assumption that no new major issues crop up. I totally expect that new
major issues will crop up. But I'm going to give it a shot. I'm planning
to review the code anyway, whether it goes into 8.4 or 8.5, so I might
as well keep going and hope for the best.