Re: Text search with ispell - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tommy Gildseth
Subject Re: Text search with ispell
Date
List pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Tommy Gildseth wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to figure out how to use PostgreSQL's fulltext search with
>> an ispell dictionary. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out where
>> this norwegian.dict comes from though.
>> When I install the norwegian ispell dictionary, i get 4 files, nb.aff,
>> nb.hash, nn.aff and nn.hash. What I'm unable to figure out, is the
>> steps needed to use this for PostgreSQL?
>
> you need to make a choice between two kinds of norwegian language - nn, nb,
> see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_language
> Then follow standard procedure described in documentation.
> Where did you get them ?

Yes, I'm aware of that I need to choose one of those. I guess what I'm
having problems with, is figuring out where the <language>.dict file
comes from.
I didn't find any such file in the rpm downloaded from the links at
http://ficus-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell.html#ftp-sites and also not in
the inorwegian-package in the ubuntu apt repository.
I have read through
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/textsearch.html, but it's
not quite clear to me, from that, what I need to do, to use an ispell
dictionary with tsearch.

--
Tommy Gildseth