Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: foreign_data test fails with non-C locale
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan píše v pá 09. 01. 2009 v 12:16 -0500:
>

>> Sure, we can easily have buildfarm's initdb step set any locale (and
>> encoding, for that matter) we like. That's a simple change.
>>

> Will be possible to set more locales and run tests without recompilation
> on all of them? For example I have installed all Solaris'es locales on
> my animal, but currently it means that I need perform whole cycle for
> each locale.

I'm working on this. Yes, you will be able to specify a list of locales
to check. For each locale the following tests will be run:
installcheck,  pl-installcheck, and contrib-installcheck.

However, our tests are still a bit short of working across locales.

PL-check gives the diff below on PLTCL tests under en_US locale. I guess
the simplest answer is to add an alternative result file.

cheers

andrew

 select * from T_pkey1 order by key1 using @<, key2;  key1 |         key2         |                   txt
    ------+----------------------+------------------------------------------

-     1 | KEY1-3               | should work                                 1 | key1-1               | test key
                           1 | key1-2               | test key                                    1 | key1-3
  | test key                                    2 | key2-3               | test key
2| key2-9               | test key                                (6 rows)

--- 166,175 ---- select * from T_pkey1 order by key1 using @<, key2;  key1 |         key2         |
   | test key                                    1 | key1-2               | test key
1| key1-3               | test key

+     1 | KEY1-3               | should work                                 2 | key2-3               | test key
                           2 | key2-9               | test key                                (6 rows)