Re: AIX 4.3 getaddrinfo busted - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Chernow
Subject Re: AIX 4.3 getaddrinfo busted
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> If you really want this platform to work, I would submit a patch that
> tests for a C compiler symbol or #define that is only defined for that
> platform and make service = null in that case.

I am not aware of such an animal.  I looked at the output of " touch x.c
&& gcc -v -dM -E x.c" but didn't find anything when compared to AIX 6.1.  We could set one in configure (like
_AIXVER43)or use _AIX + uname().

How about checking for the failure case, where getaddrinfo returns
EAI_NODATA on _AIX with a non-NULL servname.  If that happens, call
getaddrinfo again with a NULL servname.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC