Re: reducing statistics write overhead - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: reducing statistics write overhead
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
> This could be solved if the workers kept the whole history of tables
> that they have vacuumed.  Currently we keep only a single table (the one
> being vacuumed right now).  I proposed writing these history files back
> when workers were first implemented, but the idea was shot down before
> flying very far because it was way too complex (the rest of the patch
> was more than complex enough.)  Maybe we can implement this now.

[I don't remember your proposal...] Isn't it just add a circular linked list
at AutoVacuumShmemStruct? Of course some lock mechanism needs to exist to
guarantee that we don't write at the same time. The size of this linked list
would be scale by a startup-time-guc or a reasonable fixed value.

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/