Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Explicitly bind gettext() to the UTF8 locale when in use. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Explicitly bind gettext() to the UTF8 locale when in use.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>>
>>> In what way should it be changed?
>>
>> One is already committed by you.
>>  [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use the new text domain names
>>
>> Another is to bind the codeset "EUC-JP" for
>>  PG_EUC_JIS_2004 server encoding.
>
> The attached is an updated patch.

Thanks.

Looking at it, the comment clearly needs updating - I'll do that.

However, one question: The comment currently says it's harmless to do
this on non-windows platforms. Does this still hold true? In that case,
this whole thing shouldn't be #ifdef:ed to WIN32 and can be simplified.
Or does the "middle part" of the comment come into play, in that the
codeset names can be different on different platforms?

Peter, can you comment on that?

If we do keep the thing win32 only, I think we should just wrap the
whole thing in #ifdef WIN32 and no longer do the codeset stuff at all on
Unix - that'll make for cleaner code.

//Magnus