Re: pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Marshall, Steve
Subject Re: pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Marshall, Steve wrote:

    Any thoughts on how to confirm or deny Theory A?

  Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Try changing the 1000 to NMPWAIT_WAIT_FOREVER

I'd tried Alvaro suggestion and it fixed the problem in my test case.
With the original code, the test would consistantly drop one of the
events from pg_listener within a few seconds.  With the changed
timeout, I've run it for about 10 minutes, or 100,000 notifications of
each event, and it worked without error.

Are there any side effects from effectively disabling this timeout that
should be tested?