Re: Change Ownership Permission Checks - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Change Ownership Permission Checks
Date
List pgsql-patches
>   Attached please find a patch to change how the permissions checking
>   for alter-owner is done.  With roles there can be more than one
>   'owner' of an object and therefore it becomes sensible to allow
>   specific cases of ownership change for non-superusers.

Applied with minor revisions.  The patch as submitted suffered a certain
amount of copy-and-paste-itis (eg, trying to use pg_type_ownercheck on
an opclass), and I really disliked using ACLCHECK_NOT_OWNER as the way
to report "you can't assign ownership to that role because you are not
a member of it".  So I made a separate error message for that case.

            regards, tom lane