Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Comments?  Does this cover all the cases?
I tend to think that changing which schemas are searched based on the
presence or absence of a search pattern is a bad idea.
Is the bare form (no U or S) going to search all schemas or the ones
on the search path?  Whatever the answer, do we need a way to get the
other?
+1 for consistency across all \d commands, even though I almost always
want to see just the user objects.  IMO it's worth the extra keystroke
to be sure of what I'm seeing.
-Kevin