Re: parallel restore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: parallel restore
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
>> Attached is the latest parallel restore patch. I think this is getting
>> fairly close.
>>

> mmm... seems this patch are two in one... you're adding --multi-thread
> and --truncate-before-load options where the second one seems to be an
> optimization...
>
> maybe it's better to split in two incremental patches?

Well, the only reason it was needed was because you can't run a parallel
restore in a single transaction. If the whole restore is run in a single
transaction then truncate before load should be unnecessary.

But if people want it made more general I can split it out.

cheers

andrew