Re: Thousands of users using one schema -> ERROR: row is too big - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Reftel
Subject Re: Thousands of users using one schema -> ERROR: row is too big
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 1, 2011, at 21:57 , Bill Moran wrote:

>> I'm working on a database that will have a very large number of users, and I'm running in to a problem: when I grant
morethan about 2500 users access to a schema, I get

>> my_db=# grant usage on schema my_schema to some_user;
>> ERROR:  row is too big: size 8168, maximum size 8164
>>
>> This of course makes access control tricky on high user-count setups.

> I would think that a better solution would be to follow best practices and
> create roles and put users in those roles, so you don't have to have so
> many grants on objects.

Right, that grant was actually useless, since the users already have usage rights to the schema via a role.

Problem solved. Sorry for the noise!

Thanks!
Magnus Reftel