Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site
Date
Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-www
damien@dalibo.info wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut a écrit :
>>
>> Requirements are roughly:
>>
>> * Perfect and flawless table support is essential.  The page
>> <http://pgtranslation.projects.postgresql.org/status.html> is pretty
>> much the core of the service, so it must work well.  I currently create
>> HTML tables using a script and include them, but pretty much every
>> toolkit has problems in this area.  I am not attached to the HTML
>> markup, however.
>>
>> * Low-tech, standard tools available through FreeBSD ports collection,
>> or whatever the sysadmins want to deal with.
>>
>> * PostgreSQL-themable.
>>
>> * Preferrably understandable and maintainable by more than one person.
>>
>> Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> dokuwiki seems to be a good response to your requirements :
>
> * it's easy to install : http://www.dokuwiki.org/install:freebsd
> * it's easy to create custom themes : http://www.postgresql.fr
> * it's easy to maintain : http://www.linux.com/feature/138888
> * the syntax is low-tech : http://www.dokuwiki.org/syntax
> * the HTML tables are clean : http://www.dokuwiki.org/syntax#tables
>
> For http://www.postgresql.fr, we've been using (i.e. "struggling with")
>  Drupal for years. We had only two persons who fully understood the
> website and were able to maintain and add content.
>
> Now that we have switched for dokuwiki, more people are involved in
> management of the website. The maintenance is just peace of cake (
> upgrading, backups and ACL are fast and intuitive tasks ).
>
> Furthermore, dokuwiki is so easy to hack : you can make or adapt your
> own plugins... We have our own plugins for cosmetic and Single Sign-On
>
> If you want any help with it don't hesitate to ask. We can provide our
> PostgreSQL theme and plugins if you want to see how it works.

Either I'm missing the point, or a lot of other people are missing the
point here.

Does dokuwiki have any features for automatically pulling statistics
from .po files in a cvs repository? If not, I don't see what the win is.
This is *not* supposed to be a website where you edit pages, AFAIK...

//Magnus