Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From damien@dalibo.info
Subject Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site
Date
List pgsql-www
Peter Eisentraut a écrit :

> Requirements are roughly:
>
> * Perfect and flawless table support is essential.  The page
> <http://pgtranslation.projects.postgresql.org/status.html> is pretty
> much the core of the service, so it must work well.  I currently create
> HTML tables using a script and include them, but pretty much every
> toolkit has problems in this area.  I am not attached to the HTML
> markup, however.
>
> * Low-tech, standard tools available through FreeBSD ports collection,
> or whatever the sysadmins want to deal with.
>
> * PostgreSQL-themable.
>
> * Preferrably understandable and maintainable by more than one person.
>
> Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

dokuwiki seems to be a good response to your requirements :

* it's easy to install : http://www.dokuwiki.org/install:freebsd
* it's easy to create custom themes : http://www.postgresql.fr
* it's easy to maintain : http://www.linux.com/feature/138888
* the syntax is low-tech : http://www.dokuwiki.org/syntax
* the HTML tables are clean : http://www.dokuwiki.org/syntax#tables

For http://www.postgresql.fr, we've been using (i.e. "struggling with")Drupal for years. We had only two persons who
fullyunderstood the

website and were able to maintain and add content.

Now that we have switched for dokuwiki, more people are involved in
management of the website. The maintenance is just peace of cake (
upgrading, backups and ACL are fast and intuitive tasks ).

Furthermore, dokuwiki is so easy to hack : you can make or adapt your
own plugins... We have our own plugins for cosmetic and Single Sign-On

If you want any help with it don't hesitate to ask. We can provide our
PostgreSQL theme and plugins if you want to see how it works.

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com