Re: new list group - Mailing list pgsql-www

From damien@dalibo.info
Subject Re: new list group
Date
List pgsql-www
Alvaro Herrera a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a new list group, called "Associations".  This would
> hold pgus-general and pgeu-general.  The only visible change is that we
> would have one more submenu in archives.postgresql.org and
> www.postgresql.org/community/lists
>
> Anyone care strongly enough against the idea to object?

PostgreSQLFR is also an association. Even if PGFR has its own mailing
list server (http://listes.postgresql.fr), the pgsql-fr-generale list is
the main communication tool of the association.

Furthermore,  pgsql-fr-generale is not really a "regional" mailing-list
because it gathers "french-speaking" people regardless where they live.
I guess it's the same thing for Spanish, and other languages that are
spoken in multiple countries. Maybe a category named "language specific
lists" would suit better.

Anyway, thanks for your work Alvarro :)

--
damien clochard