Re: Latest version of Hot Standby patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Latest version of Hot Standby patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs a écrit :
> On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 15:21 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Hot_Standby
>>
>> now contains a link to latest version of this patch.
>
> v6 of Hot Standby now uploaded to Wiki (link above), with these changes:
>
> * Must ignore_killed_tuples and never kill_prior_tuple during index
> scans in recovery (v6)
>   * XLOG_BTREE_DELETE records handled correctly (v6)
>   * btree VACUUM code - must scan every block of index (v6)
>   * BEGIN TRANSACTION READ WRITE should throw error (v6)
>
> New test cycle starting with this patch over next few days.

I use latest CVS version. I tried to apply the patches and I have the
following error :

./hs.apply.sh: line 4: hs.prevent.v5.patch

I think you forgot to update the script. hs.prevent.v5.patch doesn't
exist in the tar file but hs.prevent.v6.patch does. Not sure we really
need this new file because I have a compilation error if I use the new
one. I don't have this error when I don't use the hs.prevent.v6.patch
file. Compilation error is :

utility.c: In function ‘ProcessUtility’:

utility.c:292: erreur: expected ‘)’ before ‘{’ token

utility.c:306: erreur: expected expression before ‘}’ token

And one file didn't want to get patched :

patching file src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 3223.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h.rej

Not sure why. I did patch it manually, but I still have my compilation
error.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com