updating /about/ - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject updating /about/
Date
List pgsql-www
I was just looking at our current self description on
http://www.postgresql.org and I think we should do some
overhaul/updating. Some random things the spring to mind(in no
particular order) are:

* reference more recent SQL Standards
* integrated full text search instead of openfts which has not been
updated in > 3 years
* talk about GIN
* we have more advanced stuff than simple subselect support
* UUID
* mention warm standby
* do we really need to duplicate a lot of stuff from the introduction
part inthe later sections (like the client libraries available)
* we don't have async replication yet (maybe we should move it to the
"Highly Customizable" block)
* there is no r-tree index any more
* do we really need to talk so much about oracle on that page?

any comments or other ideas?

Stefan