Re: [SPAM] Re: GIT mirror not updating - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: [SPAM] Re: GIT mirror not updating
Date
Re: [SPAM] Re: GIT mirror not updating  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: [SPAM] Re: GIT mirror not updating  ("Daniel Farina" <drfarina@acm.org>)
List pgsql-www
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Does your version of cvsps not run into infinite loops on our CVS repository?
> This is one of the main reasons we are not using it.

Ah, no, I worked around that by removing REL7_1_BETA tags before the
conversion. Sorry, forgot to mention. I haven't investigated why those
are causing problems, because I don't care about the 7.1 beta tags much.

So the procedure is to:

1. rsync PostgreSQL main repository.
2. Remove offending tags:

cvs -d ~/pgcvsrepository-hacked/ rtag -d REL7_1_BETA2 pgsql
cvs -d ~/pgcvsrepository-hacked/ rtag -d REL7_1_BETA3 pgsql
cvs -d ~/pgcvsrepository-hacked/ rtag -d REL7_1_BETA pgsql

3. Run git-cvsimport.

BTW, if we ever convert to git altogether as a project, we'd probably
use something else again for the conversion. Many people recommend
cvs2git on the git mailing lists. We can't use it for the mirror because
it doesn't support incremental updates, but for a one-off conversion
it's probably the best option.