Re: error installing PGSql 7.4.3 on Solaris 9 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: error installing PGSql 7.4.3 on Solaris 9
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jonathan Wynett <jwynett@rsinc.com> writes:
> when I run: ./configure --without-readline, I get the following error that
> aborts the config process: "checking types of arguments for accept()...
> configure: error: could not determine argument types"

I get the impression that your system may have nonstandard dependencies
between system header files that require us to throw some additional
explicit "#include"s into this test.  It's hard to be sure how to fix it
from what you have shown us, but this:

> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:304: storage size of `sin_addr' isn't known
> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:320: storage size of `sin6_addr' isn't known

looks a lot like netinet/in.h is being included without including some
header it depends on.  Can you dig into it and determine an appropriate
fix?

            regards, tom lane