Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Append major version number and for libraries soname major - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Append major version number and for libraries soname major
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Also, because one of the Makefiles involved (src/foreign/Makefile)
>> doesn't follow one of our standard patterns.
>
> Is there a really good reason why it doesn't?
> (eg, why "FDW" and not "SUBDIRS"?)

If you put them in SUBDIRS, don't get they get linked into the backend
itself? They are supposed to be different build targets...

It's more like the conversion_procs stuff, which also doesn't use
SUBDIRS - it uses DIRS, but he idea is the same as FDW.

//Magnus