Re: SQL/MED compatible connection manager - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martin Pihlak
Subject Re: SQL/MED compatible connection manager
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Now the way I read the FDWs you provide (default and pgsql), you are
> creating your own API for initialization and options validation that is
> not in the standard.  That would appear to contradict the idea of a
> standard interface.

This is now fixed -- the option validation and connection lookup functions
have been made optional. InitializeFDW and _PG_fini have been dropped,
functions are looked up in GetForeignDataWrapperLibrary(). I decided not to
worry too much about the function pointers getting stale due to library
changes and reloads, as that requires some deliberate actions as a superuser.

I also added _pg prefixes to the non-standard functions so that these are not
confused with the standard FDW functions.

psql describe commands to \dew, \des and \deu as discussed in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-12/msg00888.php

PS. Would it be more convenient to use the ~user area at git.postgresql.org
for review? I haven't requested a user account yet, but will do so if it
simplifies the review. The patches would still be posted to list as well.

regards,
Martin

Attachment