Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mario Weilguni
Subject Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?
Date
Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?
List pgsql-performance
Aidan Van Dyk schrieb:
> * Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> [081209 11:01]:
>

>> Yes the SmartArray series is quite common and actually know to perform
>> reasonably well, in RAID 10. You still appear to be trying RAID 5.
>>

> *boggle*
>
> Are people *still* using raid5?
>
> /me gives up!

Why not? I know it's not performing as good as RAID-10, but it does not
waste 50% diskspace. RAID-6 is no option, because the performance is
even worse. And, on another system with RAID-5 + spare and SAS drives,
the same controller is working very well.